While there are many different models of desk phones, they largely all work the same way. In this guide, you will learn how to use your voicemail
To access your voicemail:
- Press the Messages button on your phone to access your voicemail box, or dial *97 if you cannot identify the voicemail button.
- If you subscribe to multiple mailboxes, a list of mailboxes may appear. Select the mailbox you want to access.
- When prompted, enter your voicemail pin, and then press #.
To access another person’s mailbox:
- Dial *98.
- When prompted, enter the other person’s extension number.
- Enter the voicemail PIN of the other person’s mailbox, followed by #.
The first time you log in to your mailbox, you are walked through recording your name for the directory and recording your personal greeting.
The name recording is for the dial-by-name directory, so when someone enters the first three letters of your last name, it will play back your name recording.
The greeting plays when your mailbox is reached. It is very important to make a custom message, as many callers will not leave messages at mailboxes that have generic greetings.
Your mailbox supports multiple greetings for different scenarios like business trips and holidays.
To record an alternate greeting:
- From your mailbox, press 6 for greetings, and then press 1 to record an alternate greeting.
- When prompted for the greeting number press 2 for your next alternate greeting. (1 is your default greeting.)
- After your recording is completed, select the active greeting by selecting option 3 in the greetings menu
Below you’ll find a voicemail tree showing what to dial for each option in your mailbox.