Cloud PBX Guide: Working with Conferences
Your Cloud PBX system includes a conference bridge that allows people inside and outside your company to participate in a conference call.
All conference tasks are performed from the Conferences page. To display this page, click the Conference icon on the menu bar:
The following figure shows an example of the Conferences page. The “refresh” button at the top-right side of the page refreshes the information on the page.
When adding a conference, we recommend you require a leader to start the conference; otherwise, anyone with your participant code can use your bridge:
- From the “Conferences” page, click the “Add Conference” button. The Add a Conference pop-up window will appear.
- Complete the fields. (See “Adding/Editing a Conference” table.)
- Click “Add Conference”.
- Click “Save”.
- From the “Conferences” page, either:
- Click a name
- Hover over a name, and then click the “edit” icon at the far right of the “Conferences” page.
Either step displays the “Edit” pop-up window:
- Complete the fields. (See “Adding/Editing a Conferences Table”.)
- Click “Save”.
Adding/Editing a Conference Table
- From the Conferences page, hover over the conference, and then click the “X” icon at the far right of the row. A confirmation prompt will appear.
- Click “Yes” to delete the conference, or “No” to retain it.
Joining a Conference
There are several ways to join a conference:
- Phones in your system can dial a dedicated bridge via the extension of the bridge. An owned bridge can be dialed by using the configured Direct Dial code.
- Set a Direct Inward Dial (DID) number to the bridge for inside and outside callers.
- Participants can call into your main number, and then be transferred to the bridge, or the bridge can be an option of the auto attendant.
When joining, the system prompts you for your password (either the leader or participant PIN, depending on your role).
Viewing Conference Statistics
You can display historical information about your bridge.
- From the Conferences page, hover over the conference, and then click the icon at the far right of the row.
A pop-up window shows statistics about the selected conference.
- For more information about participants, click the hyperlink under the “Participants” column.
- When you finish viewing the information, click “Close” to close the pop-up window.
Internal! Do Not Distribute