Cloud PBX Guide: Adding and Setting Up New Users
Users are the extensions on your system. This chapter describes how to add and configure new users to the system.
- All user tasks are performed from the Users page. To display this page, click the “Users” icon on the menu bar. The following figure shows an example of how the Users page will look.
- A search field at the top-left of the page allows you to search users by entering their name, extension, or department, and then clicking the magnifying glass icon.
- To sort users by name, extension, or department, click a blue column header. The arrow next to column header shows whether the items are sorted in ascending (up arrow) or descending (down arrow) order.
- The “refresh” button at the top-right side of the page refreshes the information on the page.
- The bottom-left side of the page has controls to display the next or previous page. The bottom-right side has controls to hide system users and select the number of users shown per page.
Adding New User
- From the Users page, click the Add User button. An Add a User pop-up window similar to the following will appear. (The options in your window might differ from the ones shown below.)
- Complete the following fields:
- Click “Add User”.
Adding Answering Rules for New User
Adding additional answering rules allows you specify alternate call answering rules in a different time frame (for example, handle calls differently on a weekend than on a weekday).
- Once you’ve added your user, on the Users page, either:
- Click the newly-added user’s name
- Hover over their name, click the “pencil” icon at the far right of the Users page, and then click “Profile”.
- Click the “Answering Rules” tab. A page similar to the following image will appear.
- Use the “Ring for” drop-down list to select the maximum number of seconds that incoming calls ring for this user before the system routes the call to the user’s voicemail or the “Forward if Unanswered” option, if configured.
- From this page, you can also allow or block calls for this user. (See “Adding Allowed or Blocked Calls for New User” section.)
- Click the “Add Rule” button. The Add an Answering Rule pop-up window will appear, as follows.
- Complete the settings in the Add an Answering Rule pop-up window.
- Click “Save”.
- Repeat this procedure to add additional answering rules for this user.
Adding Allowed or Blocked Calls for New User
- From the “Answering Rules” tab, click the “Allow/Block” button. The Allow/Block pop-up window will appear, as follows.
- Calls from allowed numbers bypass call screening and server-side Do Not Disturb (not phone-side Do Not Disturb). To allow numbers for this user, enter a number in the “Enter a number field” under “ALLOWED NUMBERS”, and then click the plus sign next to this field. Repeat this step for each additional number you want to allow for this user.
- Calls from blocked numbers receive a fast busy or number disconnected message. To block numbers for this user, enter a number in the “Enter a number” field under “BLOCKED NUMBERS”, and then click the plus sign next to this field. Repeat this step for each additional number you want to block for this user.
- To block anonymous or unknown numbers, check “Block anonymous or unknown”.
- Click “Done”.
Adding Voicemail for New User
- From the Users page, click the “Voicemail” tab. A page similar to the following will appear.
- Complete the settings in the “Voicemail” tab.
- Click “Save”.
Adding Phones for New User
- From the Users page, click the “Phones” tab. A page similar to the following will appear.
- Click the “Add Phone” button. The Add a Phone pop-up window will appear.
- Complete the settings in the Add a Phone pop-up window.
- Click “Add”.
- Repeat this procedure to associate additional phones with this user.
- After you configure all phones, reboot the phones to apply these settings.
A quick way to add users into the system is by importing them. The system accepts users in comma-separated-value (CSV) format. As part of this procedure, you can download a CSV-formatted template that can be opened using Microsoft Excel, populate the template with users, and then import the template.
- From the Users page, click the “Import” button. The Import Users pop-up window will appear.
- To download a template that you can populate and import into the system.
- Click the “Download Template” button.
- Save the template to an area you can access.
- Open the template, populate it with users, and then save the template.
- Click the “Browse” button, navigate to the location where the file containing the users to be imported is located, click the file, and then click “Open”.
- Click “Upload.” The system shows a preview of the data to be imported and allows you to edit the values if needed.
Internal! Do Not Distribute