The following notes were gathered by Leslie on 09/08/2017
Reseller – REV.IO Incubator – Notes (Leslie) 9/8/2017
- Each Reseller will have their own Bill Profile and Agent Profile for each instance
- We are the administrator
- Reseller docs – In the library but Leslie will update by the end of next week (9/15/17)
- Reseller will be able to Create accounts, orders, complete orders, rating, taxes
- No ticketing functionality- billing only
- No workflow
- Reporting can be pushed to resellers by category
- Bill Center – End customers can pay bills & see billing and assigned reports
- Service Types are set up for our Reseller Instance and all Resellers can see them also with Providers.
- The Resellers will need to have a separate merchant account. WE need to control the money.
- We create products but they can adjust pricing. They pay us the contracted “wholesale rate” so we don’t care what they require from their end customers.
- We control all setting
- Don’t give them collection templates, if you do then you must manage on an individual reseller.
- We control all settings and create users. The settings tab is not seen by the reseller
- Usage rate plan options – We can offer one rate plan or we can control the rate plans on a customer level using the special rates, but that will need to be required in the setup
- Payment Methods – set up ACH, CC, and Paper Check
- Email templates – has to be duplicated for each reseller with all templates
- Rename with reseller name and Description
- Enable markdown
- Upload logo and images for reseller
- Use the URL for the logo instead of the token. The token pulls the Altaworx logo
- Make sure to update the email content, from email address and any personalized info for the reseller
- Example is Grid365
- Agent Tab – New Agent - Company bill profile Assigned
- Report Categories – Create a reseller
- Edit Role – Reseller Agent (Rename with Reseller company name)
- Don’t add, you can remove
- Give them access to the Shared reseller reports
- Set up users
- Settings, users – choose Reseller Role and in additional tab choose agent profile to lock down what they can see
- Bill Center Config
- Bill Profile – change phone number, email and colors
- Configuration – Hostname will be the “reseller.”billcenter.net
- Company Image
Lydia – will download the product catalog, clean up and give list to import.
Generic List – no restrictions
Specific List – add bill profile in restrictions tab
- Usage Plans or Groups
Need to decide if we want one rate plan or multiple
- We will not tax the reseller in our primary site.
- Use Parent Child accounts for Reseller to keep up with addendums and contracts because it will be easier to manage.
- The reseller will be tax exempt (verify with Matt Lahood) because we are the customer of record and will tax the end customer directly.
- We can provide a quote for the reseller
- Service Types – Reseller Instance should be generic. If we need to modify the fields they will update for all resellers.
How to train Resellers on REV.IO
They can quote but we would need to provide the quoting templates in their profile.
- Walk through quotes, adding products, service types
- We can manually create bills from Customer, Create Bills and see if the admin recovery and Network Access.
usage for these resellers? The options were the following:
Create one plan all resellers can use
Create several usage plan groups they can choose from
Let the reseller customize in the special rates area for each customer